The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Launch Pad is a leader in University-Based Startup Accelerators.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Launch Pad is a student startup accelerator program that educates, inspires and assists in acceleration of startups. Launch Pad is available to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
"Launch Pad provides our students an unparalleled opportunity to grow their inner innovative and creative skills." - Dave Gee, Co-Director - Launch Pad.
Students admitted into the Launch Pad program become "Launch Pad Scholars." So what benefits do Launch Pad Scholars receive?
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Launch Pad Scholars Receive:
- Expert coaching, training and mentorship from professors and entrepreneurs
- Business model development
- Weekly training on startup fundamentals
- Weekly roundtables
- Weekly 1-on-1s with Launch Pad coaches
- Business model viability analysis
- Connections with outside resources: Accounting firms, law firms, marketing firms, Web and mobile app development firms, angel and venture capital and more
- Business plan development
- Business pitch and business plan competition preparation
- Access to iMentors
- Leadership Connection to Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO)
- Office space, meeting rooms, Internet, VoIP phones, scanners and printers at the world class Whitewater Innovation Center
- Independent study credit option
- Monthly stipend option
Launch Pad Application Process
Applicants for the Launch Pad program submit an application for review. They are then invited to provide a three-minute pitch on their startup idea. The pitch includes: applicant background, the market to be served, the market need, the product or service and the sustainable competitive advantage.